Setting the value on Button Click

Hi

Is there any way to assign a value to controls and show it on button click ?

I have some controls in a screen and one numeric control for entering the SumInsured for a policy. On button click I want to show the values premium, rate, tax,total based on the selection of each controls and the value in suminsured. and I want to show it on clicking the “Calculate” button from screen.

I tried to give formulas in all the premium,tax,total columns and it is showing the values on pressing the tab key from the controls which are used for the calculations which is not user friendly. either it should show the values at the time of entering the values in the controls which are used for calculation or it should show the values on clicking the calculate button.

Hope the problem is clear. Any way to achieve this task. ?

Hi Krishna,

Dependent controls evaluate as soon as you enter any value in one control and you focus out. So as soon as you enter values, all the formulas dependent on the control will evaluate.
In your case, set the Hidden property of the control SumInsured always on. Now use a Select Bar control and set the type as “Multiselect”.
Now to go Rules and set a new rule on the Select Bar control, such as
IF select_bar Exact Select Value 1, show SumInsured else hide SumInsured; Save & Preview/Publish.

Hi

In my case sum insured and some other controls in screen are taken for the premium calculation. It should show the premium, tax,total columns there, I can not make these controls hidden, but set the value to these controls only on the click of a button. is it possible ?

Now the situation is that I can give formulas in premium,tax,total columns and it is showing the values only after losing the focus of the control sum Insured or only after losing the focus of the controls which are taken for premium calculation which is not user friendly. I want to show values like premium,tax,total etc only after the click of a button

Is it possible to reset the values of all controls on the click of a button ?

KRISHNADAS

DronaHQ Docs have found a new place!

We have updated and moved our documentation to docs.dronahq.com.
You can continue to ask questions in the community here.