PDF workflow

I have a workflow that on submission of a form, sends an email with an attachment. Sometimes this flow simply doesn’t run - must be a bug.

How can I have a manual trigger in this event?

@britanniaplumbers

Will need more info as to what exactly is happening. Can you check it under Workflow analytics and select the latest version of your workflow? If there is any error while performing workflow execution, the workflow analytics will highlight the error and will also provide retry option.

You can locate Workflow Analytics under Analytics option

Hope this helps!

Regardless if there is an error or not, I still need to be able to trigger the flow manually. The process is invoicing so there may be requirements to reprint the document at a later date

@britanniaplumbers

What you can do is Insert your invoice entry in Sheets from Actionflow (This will run immediately and if any error then you can handle that as well). ALso, from there you can call your existing workflow or replace that with actions added in action flow for realtime running of those tasks.

For more details on actions - refer this

Hope this helps!

The submission already pushes the data to a sheet. How can I invoke the existing workflow for a given row on the sheet?

@britanniaplumbers

We analyzed the logs internally, we would suggest for higher email delivery rates, instead of in-built email task you can connect to Gmail or other email provider.

Also, if you want to call a workflow again, you can design your app such that it will return all the generated invoce details in tablegrid control for example and on clicking or any row, you can call another workflow to re-generate invoice. like this you can generate invoices multiple times as per your needs.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, the table grid seems like a good solution. However, when I run the app, the screen just shows blank.

Im not sure if this is to do with limitations on my free subscription as there have been some messages popup. However, its not clear where I have gone over the allowance for my subscription. I have tried calling but i get put on hold and then cut off. There is no one to email. I need to answers on this to continue using the platform so I can finish my proof of concept to then upgrade to a paid subscription

@britanniaplumbers

Can you share your email id and your contact number from the Studio > Help > Support option and submit your details, we will connect with you.

Also, you can connect to this email - aneesh@dronahq.com