Build and configure apps with the new controls that offer you further capabilities.
You have been developing your own apps in Studio for some time now with different controls that give you a whole range of capabilities. We have had our customers requesting a few more controls that allow them to create intuitive and responsive applications.
Which new controls have been added?
Here is the list of new controls that we have added to the Controls menu this month.
- Progress Bar and Circular Progress Bar that allow you to display the percentage progress made in a particular scenario. The only difference between the two limited to the Circular progress bar providing you with features to add a smooth circular percentage progress graph.
- Tagged content and Tagged Images controls that allow you to display the tagged content and tagged images. The tagged content control takes an array of string as input and displays it as tags while the Tagged Images control takes an array of image urls and displays it as overlapping image tags.
- Sparkline control that allows you to add inline graphs with your text without any axes or coordinates. Typically it is used to show trends or variation over a period of time.
- Image select bar that allows you to provide a select bar but with images or actions for a visual representation of the options.
- Range picker that allows users to select a range for further actions.
- Dashboard control that allows you to present your data as a dashboard card.
How to use the Controls?
In the Builder, select the Controls menu to choose the different controls from thier respective Sections.
|Control||Control Menu Section||Action|
|Progress Bar and Circular Progress Bar control||Display||This is not an input control. You can bind data to show label and percentage progress.|
|Tagged Content and Tagged Images||Display||This is not an input control. You can bind data to show an array of strings or URL to display as tags.|
|Sparkline control||Chart||This is not an input control. You can bind data to show the trends or variation based on data from sheets, connectors and so on.|
|Image Select Bar||Selection||This is an input control and returns the text corresponding to the selected image option.|
|Range picker||Selection||This is an input control and allows you to select a range and returns the minimum and maximum values.|
|Dashboard control||Dashboard||This is not an input control. It allows you to select data from different sources to be represented with each of the card elements namely the Header, Title, Footer, Tag, and Progress bar.|
We are sure these are some very useful controls that provide you with several new options to build great Apps. In case you have any thoughts, suggestions or feedback? We’d love to hear from you. Head to our forum to share in our Suggestions Section.