How do I create or delete a user group?

I’m not seeing an area within “Manage Users” to manage the user groups. Is there a way to do this?

Hi Marc,

You can find the Add Group option in the add user modal. To view the same, kindly go to the Manage Users tab and click on + Add Users button at the top right corner of the page.

The system will open an overlay window. Here at the top right corner, click on + Group. Here you can see the currently available groups as keywords. To create a new group enter the group name in the Group Name text field and click on the Add New Group button at the bottom right corner.

To update the user’s group, you can follow the below steps:

1. Go to Manage Users
  2. In the USER LIST table, search the user whose group you want to update
  3. For each user you will find an ellipsis symbol (…), click on that
  4. Click on Edit user
  5. Here you can find 3 fields User Name, Groups, and User Role. Select the desired group from the Groups dropdown and select the required group(s)
  6. Finally to save the changes, click on the Save button at the bottom

You can also remove already assigned groups via the Edit user option. To do the same, remove all group keywords from the Groups dropdown in the Edit user modal and click on the Save button to save the changes.

You can also update user groups in bulk. Here is a quick guide on Manage Users.

I hope this will help.

Best Regards

I wasn’t able to delete a user group using the bulk method. Is it possible to delete a user group?

Hi Marc,

Currently deleting a user group is not available. However, you can change the group name, can edit permissions (to allow/restrict which apps/connectors and use this group).

However, you can remove this group’s mapping from the corresponding users by Editing the user details or via the Manage users groups option in the Bulk Actions. That is if no users are mapped to the group you want to delete, it will be treated as a dormant group.

I believe this should help with your requirement here. :slightly_smiling_face: