Marketplace is where you can find apps that you can use as templates to create your own apps. You can search the apps and install them to your account. Private apps, created by third-party users, can also be installed by you using their private key.
Add to Marketplace
The ready apps can be shared with other users on the Marketplace. Only those ready apps which are live or are published can be added to the Marketplace. It is like the App store of DHQ Studio. By adding the apps to the Marketplace you are making the template available for other users. When a template is being shared with other users, the supporting template data and metadata for the same would be required. This is the vital information/ data that will make it easier for the user to use and manage the template. Let us now see how to create a template using the Add to Marketplace option.
- Under Config Options/ settings you can see Add to Marketplace.
- Click Add to Marketplace and now add the template data in the form of Template Meta and Template Data. Click Template Meta tab to first add the metadata. Then click the Template Data tab to verify the dependencies and proceed to Publish.
- Template name and Description: Under Create Template > Template meta, you can see the fields for Template Name, Description. They would be available by default, you can change them for further customization.
- Active: Active ON would mean that this app would now be available in your channel’s marketplace for other people in your channel to install. If you want to hide your app from the marketplace, just turn this toggle OFF. .
- Preview: Set the Preview toggle ON to enable showing a preview before the App is installed from the marketplace.
PremiumApp: Set the toggle ON if you want to mark the App as a Premium App. When you set the app as a Premium app you can share it with users from other channels using the Private Key that is generated in this app.
An app can be set as a Premium App only by a Seller Account. To get a Seller account you need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Template Group: Select the Template group, Template group is a categorization of templates. Select one which suits your app best.
- Key features: Enter the Feature name and Feature Description to further provide a description of the prime features of the App to give the users a brief introduction to your app.
- Screenshot: Add a screenshot of your app features to provide an easy identification of what to expect.
- Enter all the details as per your requirement and click Save.
Now once the Template Meta is added, you need to add the Template Data which provides the details about the different modules used in this app like the sheets, connectors, workflows, custom functions. Other details that need to be known by the user are also visible here. You can see the options for sheet management which provide the list of sheets used in the app, linked workflows, and Connectors used as well as the PDF Templates used. Once all the data is added you can Publish the app and the App would then be available in your channel’s MarketPlace.
Under Sheet Management you can see the different sheets that you have used or linked to the app. Now as you are providing a template to the users, they have the option to use the same sheet or create one. If they are using the same linked sheet, it is also possible to use the same sheet along with the data. So to enable importing data along with the sheet, you can switch on the toggle for Data under Sheet Management.
This provides a list of workflows and connectors, API as well as DB Connectors that have been linked to be used for the App. Any API or Connector that you would require some configuration at your end too.
PDF templates used
This is a list of PDF templates used in the App which would be available in the template.
Now it is also possible to share the app without adding it to the Marketplace. For this, you will need to generate a Private Key and share it with the respective users. The Private Key can only be generated with a Seller account.
To generate the Private key, under Private Keys click +Generate Key.
Now click Create. If your account is a seller account the key would be generated and listed out under Generated Key(s). Copy this key from here and share it with the users who need your app.
Publishing the App
Once you add all the above properties, your app is ready to be published so that it is available in the Marketplace. To ensure that the app is available and works properly in any account, you need to ensure that the custom controls and custom functions that you might have created for the App are configured properly.
- Now to share it to the marketplace, verify all necessary details are added, and click Publish. The app would now be available in the marketplace under the specified Template Group.
Using the App
Now that you have seen how to add your App to the Marketplace, it can be easily used by anyone. It will have to be installed from the Marketplace.
Under Studio Console > App, click + (Add), where you are taken to the different categories of app templates. Here you will find a category as Marketplace Apps which is the Marketplace of the apps created for your Channel.
Click Marketplace Apps. Here you will find the different apps listed out under the different Template Groups applicable to your Channel.
Select the App from the Template group. Here you can see the options to Preview and Install. On the screen you can also see the Key features and the Screenshots of the App.
Click Install to install the app to your device. Now as it is a template that you are going to use on your device, you can make the necessary customization to the App Name, and Description.
Under Sheet management, you can enter the sheet name or else use an existing sheet from your channel.
Once the sheets are set, click Install. You will receive a confirmation for the app to be installed. On installation, the app is opened and is ready for use.
Using the Private App
We have seen how the App Template can be installed from the Marketplace. Now let us see how you can use the Private App using the Private Key.
Under Studio Console > App, click + (Add), where you are taken to the different categories of app templates. Here you will find a category as Marketplace Apps which is the Marketplace of all the apps created in Studio.
Click Marketplace Apps. Here you will find the different apps listed out under the different Template Groups.
Now when you want to install the apps from outside the marketplace, it can be done by using the Private key. So, in the Marketplace App window’s right-hand corner and near the Search App, you will find Private Apps.
Click to select. Enter the Private Key and click Fetch.
The App is then added to your Account. You can now use it as per your requirement.
You can thus share your apps to the Marketplace or share them to a limited channel using the Private Key.